When - Saturday September 14, 2019
Where - DMen Tap - 2829 W. Belmont Ave. Chicago, IL 60618
Time - Registration 10:30am to 11:00am CST, Kickoff Time 11:15am CST
Buy In - $35 - Register at the bottom of the page
Included in Buy In:
- One Custom Tecmo Tournament T-shirt
- FOR TOP 20 Only - One Nintendo (NES) Sports Game Cartridge (Performance during Group Play determines which game you will have a chance at getting)
42 Players Maximum
7 groups of 6 players playing in round robin groups (5 games for each player)
-Groups will be separated by a random selection draw besides for top 4 from last year who start in their own group: Flo, Mort, Tom, Hank
-Group play will use provided tier list for choosing matchups
There will be a Top Cut of 20 Players that will advance to bracket play after round robin no matter how many entrants play in the tournament.
The 20 players that advance to bracket are determined by overall record first, then point differential for seeding and tiebreaks.
This seeding also determines the order in which the NES Sports Games will be selected for each player to keep as part of advancing to the bracket.
ALL ROUNDS WILL BE BEST OF 3 in the Single Elimination Bracket
- $500 Cash
-Tecmo Hardcore Championship Title Belt (1st place winner gets to keep the belt)
*IF the tournament has at least 40 competitors, 1st Place gets a free entry to Tundra Bowl 2020
Free entry to the Tecmo Players Championship in 2020 ($100 Value)
3rd and 4th Place
Free entry to Tecmo Cleveland on 11/16/2019 with Tournament T-Shirt ($55 Value)
Top 4 finishers have the option of competing in a Free to Play Cash Prize Retro Sports League Championship Tournament taking place in January 2020 in Chicago, IL
Prizes are Guaranteed!
1. Tier list for group play. Winner of coin toss is player 1 and chooses tier. Loser of coin toss chooses team from tier player 1 selected or a lower tier. Winner of coin toss chooses team second from tier originally chosen or lower tier.
2. We will not keep track of teams used during group play. Choose the team that best suits you in group play under the tier list guidelines.
3. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes. You are allowed to change your selected team's playbook before each game. Checking the change / substitution screen is allowed during gameplay. Once per quarter for each player is the recommendation.
4. All substitutions of any player in any position is LEGAL.
5. No ties. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. All OT’s will be 5-minute sudden death periods. If no one scores in the first OT, the second OT will be only the first quarter in a new game. This process will be repeated until a winner emerges. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in every OT period, the receiving team (i.e. team that gets the ball first) shall alternate beginning with the second OT period.
6. Defensive Lineman Lurching / Nose Tackle Dive / Any D-Lineman Dive is LEGAL.
7. Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
8. Tournament Disputes: Tom Stahnke, Phil Naumann, and Francis Buennagel are the tournament referees. They will decide all disputes.
9. Competitors are allowed to bring their own controller, but it has to be an official Nintendo rectangle controller, official Nintendo dogbone controller, or the official Hyperkin Cadet NES controller.
MAIN STREAM - https://www.youtube.com/theretrosportsgamer
STREAM 2 - https://www.twitch.tv/retrosportsgamertom
Players that register and can't make the tournament with at least one week notice will be fully refunded.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions about the tournament. Thanks!